« back to Walking Group
Annan Walking Group - Covid-19 Measures
Information & Guidance For Walkers
Also available as a PDF download
Information for walkers
- • We are in a new era and we need to change the way walks are organised and run and do our best to keep everyone safe.
- • For Test and Protect to work Maureen must have your most up to date contact details. If you have changed address, phone number or email since October 2019 please let Maureen have your new details.
Planning to go on a walk
- • Walkers must pre book for each walk by contacting the walk leader and signing up for each walk.
• Walks in Scotland are limited to a maximum of 15 people from 5 households.
• If the walk is full, your name will be put on a reserve list.
• If you find you can’t make a walk then please contact the walk leader and cancel your place so it can be offered to others on the reserve list.
Before the Walk
- • If you or anyone else in your household has any Covid-19 symptoms you must not go on the walk and you must contact the walk leader to let them know you can’t make it.
• All walkers are advised to bring their own hand sanitiser, and face coverings with them.
Getting to the walk
- • For the time being minibuses will not be used to get you to and from the walk starting point, so you will need to make your own arrangements for getting to the walk.
• If car sharing you should only travel with members of your own or extended household. If car sharing with people outwith the household then share with the same people each time, wear face coverings when in the car, have good ventilation in the car, clean your hands before and after each journey.
On the walk
- • For the purposes of Test and Protect each walk leader will keep a register of who is on each walk.
• Walkers must follow all safety advice given by the walk leader.
• Walkers should maintain physical distancing.
• Walkers should avoid touching gates, stiles etc. where possible , if you do, then sanitise your hands afterwards.
• Walkers should not share food and drink or equipment such as walking poles.
• Walkers should stand back and give way to let other walkers pass.
After the walk
- • If car sharing, the car owner is responsible for cleaning all surfaces the passengers have touched.
• If you develop Covid-19 symptoms after the walk , apply for a Covid-19 test and let an AWG Committee member know.
Finally …… Relax and enjoy the walk !