« back to Walking Group
Annan Walking Group - Covid-19 Measures
Information & Guidance For Walk Leaders
Also available as a PDF download
Information for walk leaders
- • In addition to current risk assessments done for each walk the following guidance should also be considered..
Planning a walk
- • Although the travel limit has been lifted we are encouraged to remain in our local area.
• Car Parking – as we are not using minibuses for the time being car parking is a key issue. Is the car park open ?, has the car park enough capacity to allow members to park safely ?.
• Toilet facilities - are the toilets open again ?
• Avoid busy and narrow routes.
• Know what to do at any pinch points or road crossings in order to keep walkers apart.
Before the Walk
- • Walk leaders will be contacted by walkers to book a place on their walk.
• The Walk Notice will give a closing date for booking a place on a walk.
• Walks in Scotland are limited to a maximum of 15 people from 5 households.
• When the walk is full (15 people) the walk leader will put names on a reserve list.
• Walkers will contact the walk leader if they can’t get to a walk. Walk leaders will then offer their place to a walker on the reserve list.
On the walk
- • The walk leader will keep a register of who is on each walk for NHS Test and Protect requirements.
• The walk leader should remind walkers of all current safety advice.
After the walk
- • Pass the walk register to the Walk Coordinator.